Note: this blog is a mirror of my HP Labs Blog, on the same topic, accessible at: http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Research-on-Security-and/bg-p/163

Saturday, September 8, 2007

TrustBus 2007: presentations on “Device-based Identity Management in Enterprises” and "Challenges and Opportunities in IdM”

I am back from Regensburg, Germany where I attended and presented at TrustBus 2007. This conference was very interesting for the variety of presentations and covered topics, including:
  • aspects of trusted and secure virtual organisations;
  • identity management and usage control;
  • authentication and access control;
  • compliance and user privacy;
  • policy management;
  • secure system management and trust.

In this context I gave a presentation on our work on “Device-based Identity Management in Enterprises”. My presentation is available here: it describes the outcome of our related R&D project, where we explored ways to model and represent device identities (and the role that Trusted Computing/TPM can play), provision these identities by leveraging enterprise IdM solutions and use them to define access control policies. Technical results and outcomes are shared.

I’ve also been involved in a panel discussion on “Managing Digital Identities – Challenges and Opportunities” (chair: Gunther Pernul). My presentation (along with my view on top challenges and opportunities in the IdM space) is available here. The other panellists gave interesting presentations, with additional, complementary views of IdM challenges and opportunities, from government, software developer and academic perspectives. Hopefully their presentations will be made available online.

--- NOTE: my original HP blog can be found here ---

No comments: