Note: this blog is a mirror of my HP Labs Blog, on the same topic, accessible at: http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Research-on-Security-and/bg-p/163

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Serving in the Technical Program Committee of International Conferences

This year I have been serving as a member of many Technical Program Committees, in various International (IEEE, ACM, etc.) Conferences, including: ACSAC 2009, IEEE BIDS 2009, IEEE InSpec 2009, ACM DIM 2009, IEEE ICSC 2009, TrustBus 2009 and ICIMP 2009.

I found this experience very rewarding. Despite the need to allocate some amount of time for peer reviewing papers, this really provides good overviews of the state-of-art of research (and applied research) in the field of interest – in my case security, identity management and privacy.

I would encourage the members of this community in having a similar role, especially the one interested in R&D and research.


--- Posted by Marco Casassa Mont (here and here) ---

--- NOTE: my original HP blog can be found here ---

No comments: