Note: this blog is a mirror of my HP Labs Blog, on the same topic, accessible at: http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Research-on-Security-and/bg-p/163

Saturday, July 10, 2010

From “Static” Personal Web Pages to a Personal and Dynamic Information Hub?

I eventually managed to updated my personal web page

Now I can see how traditional, static personal web pages are rapidly getting out of fashion, compared to the up-to-date information you can share with your personal social networking sites, blogs, etc. On the other hand, these pages still enable the owner to have degrees of control on the structure and the organisation of the information – thing that is hard to achieve with other social networking sites …

So, I am running an experiment i.e. exploring an hybrid approach to personal web pages, where in addition to almost “static pages” there are feeds from various “more dynamic” personal sites, such as blogs and twitter.

In other words a personal web page becomes the hub of various personal feeds along with some clever manipulation and mapping of the information … Of course by keeping into account basic privacy aspects …

From a technological perspective nothing new, but I guess the challenge is how to organise and mash-up these personal feeds to provide some sense and a controlled structure to the information …

For the time being, I just wanted to add to my personal web page a “blog feed widget” but so far I haven’t yet found anything satisfactory. Any link or suggestion is welcome … Of course I had no such problem to find and add a Twitter feed from my Twitter account

--- Posted by Marco Casassa Mont (here and here) ---

--- NOTE: use this mirror blog if you prefer posting on an external blog site ---

--- NOTE: my original HP blog can be found here ---

No comments: