Note: this blog is a mirror of my HP Labs Blog, on the same topic, accessible at: http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Research-on-Security-and/bg-p/163

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On the value of being part of Conference Program Committees

In the last years I have been invited to be part of many Program Committees of conferences and workshops. Just in the last month I had to deal with paper reviews for MobiSec 2011 and SECRYPT 2011.

Some statistics: based on my experience, I would say that only 25-30% of the papers that I review are usually worth their publication, because of the innovation and new insights they provide.

Nevertheless, I believe this is a great opportunity to stay in touch and up-to-date with key R&D topics. In my case, in the space of security, privacy, IAM and risk management.


--- Posted by Marco Casassa Mont (here and here) ---

--- NOTE: use this mirror blog if you prefer posting on an external blog site ---

--- NOTE: my original HP blog can be found here ---

No comments: