Note: this blog is a mirror of my HP Labs Blog, on the same topic, accessible at: http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Research-on-Security-and/bg-p/163

Friday, August 10, 2007

Part II: Enterprise Use Case for OpenId and/or InfoCard …

Thanks to James McGovern for his input and his articulated reply to my comments. James, I see we have some different views in terms of B2B and outsourcing, at least concerning potential deployments of OpenID or InfoCard. I see your points and I found them useful to better understand your perspective.

The key reason, at this stage, for asking for enterprise use cases for OpenId and InfoCard in enterprise is primarily curiosity and interest in better understanding this space. Most of my IdM R&D work is actually “enterprise-centric”: I am keen to explore how recent “user-centric” trends might impact the enterprise.

Going back to this initial question, any additional input or view from the Community would be welcome.

No comments: